Support Your Child During Virtual Learning
At DCPS, we believe that families are our strongest partners. This partnership is more important than ever as we take the lessons from learning at home together this past spring toward how we will begin the 2020-2021 school year virtually.
To help parents and caregivers have a successful start to the school year, download our new Family Guide to Learning at Home.
This free resource, available in English and Spanish, walks you through what learning at home looks like at DCPS this fall.
Virtual Events for Parents
To help families focus on learning at home in the fall and share information about DCPS’ plans to reopen schools in Term 2, we hold regular online conversations for families. These events include our ongoing Parent University series, as well as special community information sessions and town halls.
|Facility and Operations Readiness||October 28||5:00 pm||RSVP on Eventbrite|
|In-person and Virtual Learning for Students with IEPs||October 29||5:30 pm||RSVP on Eventbrite|
|Term 2 Schedules, Day in the Life, and Student Supports||November 4||5:00 pm||RSVP on Eventbrite|
|ASPEN Parent Portal for School Year 20-21||November 5||5:30 pm||RSVP on Eventbrite|
|Introduction to 504||November 12||5:30 pm||RSVP on Eventbrite|
Follow the links below to watch replays of #ReopenStrong town halls and recent Parent University sessions and download materials mentioned during those events.
Term 2 Community Info Sessions and Town Halls – October 2020
- What Can I Expect From DCPS When It Comes To Learning at Home?
- Accessing Learning Online – Canvas 101 for Families
- What Can I Expect From DCPS’ Specialized Instruction During Learning At Home
- Supporting My Early Childhood Education Student This Fall
- Helping our Children Respond to Trauma as We Return to Learning
- Navigating the IEP (Individualized Education Program) Process This Year
- Experience Restorative Practices with Your Family
- What Will Attendance Look Like for SY20-21?
- High School Grading, Graduation and Supports
- El Aprendizaje En Casa – Parent University (Universidad para Padres)
- Guía para familias inmigrantes de colaborar con maestros de PK
Learning at Home Tips
Download a free guide for families from Edmentum about the best practices designed to help parents support their children when virtual learning is implemented in their school.